Sunday, 8 February 2015

The Beauty Blogger Tag

I've seen lots of variations of this tag around so I thought I would give it a go for a bit of fun! If you are nosy like me, posts like this are perfect for finding out random little facts and details! Anyway lets get into the questions...



Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?

I posted my first blog post in November 2014 so I have been blogging for only around 3 months. But to me it feels like I have been doing it forever! All of last year I was deliberating whether to start a blog or not and I spent a few months setting up my blog and coming up with post ideas. I wouldn't change anything now though because I think I started my blog at exactly the right time when I had read other blogs and had more of an idea of what I was doing rather than just jumping in at the deep end!

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?

The first ever blog I discovered was FleurdeForce and I still read her blog now, I think she puts so much effort and time into her blog and youtube channel and she definitely knows what she's talking about! But my all time favourite blogs are beautycrush and Lily Melrose because I love their style, personalities and layout of their blogs.

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?

As soon as the Maybelline Baby lips hit the UK, I ordered all the first 6 flavours/scents. I had heard SO many amazing reviews of this product so I was really excited but it turns out I really don't like any of them. I find the consistency very drying and the colour range isn't very flattering on my skin tone so I was disappointed after all of the hype.

What are you five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?

1. Reading other blogs and finding out about new products
2. Creating posts and taking photos that I am proud of
3. Receiving lovely feedback in my comments
4. Learning more about other bloggers personalities through their blogs
5. Trying out lots of new products to review etc.

What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger? 

That you don't need a really expensive camera and lights to achieve good photos, instead natural light is your best friend!

Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger? 

I have tried to improve my organisation and photography skills to make my posts more personal and professional. I've also tried to put more effort into my makeup and outfits because they are my passions and I really enjoy spending that little bit more time getting ready.

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out? 

 Do it your way! Don't compare yourself to other bloggers, and blog about what you love because that's when your posts will be the best. Remember your blog is your personal space so don't blog just to please others OR for money and freebies! 

What are your top 5 makeup brands?

1. Rimmel
2. L'Oreal
3. Benefit
4. Clinique
5. Urban Decay

Recommend your top 5 beauty products.. 

1. Benefit POREfessional Primer
2. Rimmel Wake me Up Concealer
3. L'Oreal True Match Foundation
4. Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara (review coming soon!)
5.  (To be honest...) any Clinique skincare sets


Hope you enjoyed this little tag!

I'd love to know if you've done any tag posts lately? as I love to read them - I tag you ALL so let me know if you do this!

xx

8 comments:

  1. it was fun to read this post.
    keep coming more.

    love love
    xx

    http://thatsthesilentwanderer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural light is definitely the most important thing for good photos, who needs expensive cameras!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! One of my favorite things about bloging is also getting to post and take creative photos. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading more about bloggers through tag posts! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe